As part of its "Training" component, Labex EFL is launching a new call for applications for "Training or thematic conversion grant". This support aims to facilitate the access of doctoral students, researchers and teacher-researchers to high-level international summer schools in the scientific field of Labex EFL delivering a certification (eg. LSA, ESSLLI).
Primarily aimed at doctoral students from one of the Labex EFL's partner institutions (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, Université de Paris, Université Sorbonne Paris Nord, INALCO), these scholarships may also be of benefit to Labex members who wish to learn about new methodologies and/or themes in order to reorient their research.
The Labex EFL can fund live or online training.
Eligible expenses in the context of this support may include all or part of :
- the cost of registration fees
- accommodation costs
- transportation costs
- visa costs
- meal costs (up to 15 euros/day - only if meals are not covered by the school)
The selection criteria are as follows:
- excellence of the training program offered by the school.
- delivery of a certification by the school.
- relevance of the link between the summer school and the research themes of the Labex EFL.
Constitution of applications
Applications must include :
- applicant's CV (maximum 5 pages).
- detailed program of the summer school, including the type of certification awarded.
- candidate's certificate of registration for the summer school (if the candidate is already registered).
- an argument written by the candidate in the form of a letter specifying the relevance of this training for his/her personal research project and within the framework of the Labex EFL scientific program.
- a letter of support written by the director of the laboratory or by the director of the team to which the candidate belongs and guaranteeing that the certificate received by the candidate will be provided to the Labex EFL project manager at the end of the summer school.
- detailed provisional budget specifying, if possible, other funding already obtained and/or requested for participation in the summer school.
- an excel table attached, duly completed.
Applications for training grants should be sent to the project manager Christel Préterre (email@example.com), with a copy to the training manager Emmanuel Cartier (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This call for applications will close on Wednesday 16 June 2021 (midnight).
The selection will be made by the Restricted Scientific Council of Labex EFL.
Payment of the grant to the beneficiaries
The amount of the grant will be paid directly to your bank account approximately one month after the positive vote of the CSR on your application, once the certificate of registration to the school has been submitted to the project manager Christel Préterre.
Note: The winner is the one who directly incurs the expenses (e.g.: we will not pay the registration fees on your behalf). Applicants should be sure to indicate in their application whether or not the registration fee has been paid (the fact that it has not yet been paid at the time of responding to the call is not a problem, but this information must be provided).
Obligations of grant holders towards the Labex
The EFL scholarship winner and the director of the laboratory or team to which the winner belongs undertake to provide the Labex EFL project manager with the following at the end of the summer school
- the certificate of participation or validation issued by the summer school
- a summary of a few lines on the summer school accompanied by a photo of the winner to be published on the Training page of the Labex EFL website.
Labex EFL leaves the responsibility of organizing their stay abroad (transportation, accommodation, health or other insurance, etc.) to the scholarship recipients.